Mint-Coriander chutney is ideal to accompany any Indian appetiser such as samosas, pakoras or kababs and is very easy to make it at home.
Usually, besides mint and coriander leaves, fresh chilli peppers are added to give a spicy touch, instead of dried red chilli powder. The taste of fresh chilli combines much better with the freshness of mint leaves.
What I usually add is a little bit of ketchup to enhance the flavor, but the traditional recipe doesn´t have it. If you like the spicy touch, you can increase the quantity of green chilli.
- One cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- One cup fresh coriander leaves(cilantro leaves), chopped
- One green chilli, chopped
- Two-three tablespoons of lemon juice
- One small onion, chopped
- One garlic clove
- Two tablespoons of unsweetened natural yogurt
- One tablespoon of ketchup
- Salt to taste.
- Put all the ingredients except the ketchup in a food processer and grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Add the ketchup and mix again.
- Serve this delicious chutney with any Indian appetiser.