Biryani Masala is easily available in any Indian store, but the flavour and aroma of fresh home-made Biryani Masala are always superior to the store-bought one. It is very easy to prepare and can be store for a month. It can be used to prepare any variety of Biryani.
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds (Shahi Jeera)
- 8/10 green cardamoms
- 1 tablespoon cloves
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds
- 6/8 cinnamon sticks
- 2 black cardamoms
- 1-star anise
- 1 small nutmeg (Jaayphal)
- 2 mace (Javitri)
- 2 dry red chilli or Kashmiri red chilli
- Break the nutmeg and cinnamon sticks into small pieces. Crush the bay leaves.
- Put all the spices into the grinder and grind them to a fine powder.
- Pour the mixture in an airtight glass jar. You can store it for one month.
- You can use a coffee grinder to grind the spices.
- I usually do not dry roast my spices before grinding. If you want, you can lightly dry roast them.