Tandoori Masala is a blend of spices usually used to prepare dishes in Tandoor Oven. It has a bright red colour due to red chillies and red food colour in it. For my home-made Tandoori Masala, to get this red colour I use Kashmiri Red Chilli powder. Kashmiri Red Chilli has an intense red colour, but it is not too spicy. You can use this home-made Tandoori masala to marinate and grill any veg or non-veg dishes.
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 5 green cardamoms
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6-7 cloves
- 6-7 dry red chilli or 3 tablespoons Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Put all the spices into the grinder and grind them to a fine powder.
- Pour the mixture in an airtight glass jar. You can store it for one month.
- You can use a coffee grinder to grind the spices.
- Many people usually roast the spices before grinding, but I found it better not to roast them because they lose their aroma and slightly change their taste. But if you like the dry roast flavour, you can lightly dry roast them before grinding.